We all love getting the most out of our investments which is why the all season suit fabric is reigning king in the world of textiles. However, as one builds a wardrobe they should not shy away from a heavier weight fabric and consider making the investment for the following reasons:
1. The heavier weight provides a better drape and more structure - decreasing wrinkles and making the suit appear cleaner and more professional.
2. A heavy weight tweed or flannel will allow you to forgo throwing on a topcoat for a little longer this winter season.
3. They last longer than the lighter all season fabrics. Walk into any vintage clothing shop and it’s not surprising their racks are filled with tweed and corduroy garments from a bygone era.
4. They travel better. If you are on go often, you want a robust fabric that will not wrinkle often and when it does takes little effort to un-wrinkle by placing it near a hot shower.
5. They are dynamic. You can wear a tweed or corduroy suit to work and then loose the jacket and add a sweater for your evening attire. Heading for the plane, you can lose the trousers and match your jacket with a wealth of options.